Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 604 HPLN's

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Back in the fall I picked up a pair of "Stanly Screamers"? 817's with 604 HPLN's and MR94 with 288 16G. They are much better than my 828/515B/2245s. I have yet to try my 1005's with that combo.

    Jim N

  2. #2
    Inactive Member boltupright's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2003
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is that the cab with 2 Duplex & big horn per cab?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes. I am biamping them with a Behringer 3 way since they came with no xover . I think I have about got them dialed in.

    Jim N

  4. #4
    Inactive Member hmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Loud stuff, but how does it sound?
    I thought they might be kind of a kluge, taking the point source concept of the 604 and turning it into a 3 way.
    The Screamer was designed as High volume PA. I heard them at the Wall concert, but my memories are vague but I am sure that Pink Floyd used them because they were convinced it was the best they could do. They wanted that show to be absolutely the best, and I certainly enjoyed it.
    I suppose it could be nice dialed in right, at least you are having some fun no?
    What is your subjective opinion on them?

    Bill H is supposed to be working some kind of new Engine duplex.
    I wonder what his angle of attack on that is.
    The Engine should get him closer driver spacing to eliminate some of the time alignment difficulties of the 604, and I thought he was doing a 12" which should make a the transition between the drivers easier.
    The Altec Engines were designed more as high volume PA and an electronic crossover was recommended I think because they couldn't adequately compensate them with an analog crossover.
    Highly efficient though and @130db plenty loud from 50hz to 15K
    Random thoughts, no criticism of your Screamers, I would love to have a pair to play with green with jealousy really.
    Enjoy
    Harry

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like both the bass and treble that these put out. The dual 15/817 combo beat a 515 and 2245 in an 828 cabinet. Not sure about the mid range. I have yet to swap the 94's for 1005's. These suckers are heavy and I am not as young as I used to be. I have sleds for the 1005's but just moving either around is a chore. I have 288-16G's on the 94 and 188-8K's on the 1005. I just realized that those are the same models 288's that went for $1150 on EBay yesterday.

    Jim N

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.